Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Dissappointed

There have been five times I could have been pregnant. I have taken pregnancy tests four out of those five times because I am neurotic and I cannot wait the seven hours to see (or I cannot do basic math like yesterday--when I thought I was late, but I was just reading the calendar wrong). I am not sure how many negative lines I can look at without going insane, and I don't ever have the patience to just wait and see. Here is to another month of being racked with guilt every time I drink and being so stressed that not drinking isn't really an option.

3 comments:

Tree Hugging Attorney said...

It took my friend a full year. And my doctor said it can take 1 month for every year you were on birth control. Does it still suck? YES. But is everything probably fine? YES. Babies have to pick their parents. Yours is just up there still waiting. ;)

Donna said...

I think your doctor is an idiot (about this at least). I have read a ton of stuff and talked to my doctor and she said, and everything I read in every book and website agreed, that the amount of time you are on the pill has no correlation to the amount of time it will take to ovulate. It is different for everyone and can take time, but there is no evidence that being on the pill longer makes it take longer to return to ovulation. Which sucks because it makes it even less clear.

Carmella said...

Donna, I totally agree with you. I was on the pill since I was 17 and got pregnant two months after stopping the pill at age 26...so 9 years worth of the pill did not take me 9 months to get pregnant. Like I told you...my sister was on the pill for Many Many years and literally got pregnant the FIRST month after she went off the pill. I'm sorry it is feeling frustrating...I can't wait to hear the good news because I know it will happen soon for you! I think about you all the time! I am 5 weeks from due date and SOOOO sore everywhere...it hurts to walk/roll over in bed/get up from a sitting position/etc.

It will happen for you and Mike soon, I can feel it! Miss you!!!!!

Post a Comment