Monday, November 8, 2010

Week 12

Ahh, week 12, when everything is supposed to get better. Or at least start to get better. No more morning sickness, increased energy, better skin. I can't wait, because as of this morning I feel no different. I went to bed at 7:30 (come on, it was day-light savings time, that was 8:30 my time) and got up at 6:00. I guess I feel rested, we will see how 8:00 tonight feels. We are out of milk, so I had to look for breakfast alternatives and eggs are still out, as is the toast Mike bought me, so I am resorting to strawberry eggos and hot cocoa--definitely still pregnant. I have gained about 3 pounds in total, but about one pound was just yesterday, so I think that may go away. It probably had something to do with the chile cheese fries and BLT I had for lunch. Speaking of which, the weirdest craving I have had to date was a BLT. Not so weird? It is if you have never had one. How can you crave something you have never had? We had them the other night with turkey bacon, and they were pretty freaken sick. Yesterday I had the real thing. It didn't live up to my expectations either, and I kept almost gagging, but then I was okay again. I ate half. I didn't die. I guess the baby isn't going to be vegetarian.

As far as the pregnancy goes we are entering trimester II. I am not sure if this happens at the end of the week or now. I supppose it doesn't really matter. Although 1/3 if the pregnancy is still a week and half away, most people count this second trimester because of fetal development:

As you move into the second trimester, baby shifts into the growth and maturation stage. After weeks in the critical development stage, almost all of baby's systems are fully formed.

Your baby's crown-to-rump height is 2 1/2 inches, or about as tall as a squash ball. She may weigh as much as half an ounce. This begins the age when the fetus starts to look really cut in those womb pictures. If you had a womb camera, you'd be able to see your baby's proportions changing, with the growth of the head slowing down to let the rest of the body catch up. Arms, legs, and fingers are also growing out and tapering to look more like a newborn's, and your baby's posture becomes less curled and more upright.

Apparently my hips are also starting to widen. Oh god.

1 comment:

Carmella said...

I love seeing your blogs....i feel like i still get to know how your pregnancy is going even if we haven't talked in a while. stay tuned for a novel of things i wish someone had told me before i had jane!

Post a Comment