Thursday, September 22, 2011

Something other than X

I have a new obsession lately, pinterest.com. If you are not familiar, don't do it. It will suck away your life with all sorts of things you want to buy, do, build, cook and make. Not to mention the time you spend finding such things.

Lately I have been feeling very trapped. X is still really young and therefore needs a lot of attention. Plus he really wants to do more than he is physically capable of, which leads to me helping him sit, stand, walk and get close to things to touch, grab, taste and look at. And while all of this is totally exciting, sometimes I just need a break. It is just draining. So Mike offered to take X for four hours--two hours at his parents house then bring him home to nurse and I could leave for two more hours.

So, what did I do? I found crafts I could do on pinterest and went away to the craft store. First, let me say how nice it is to do something that takes both hands and some concentration for more than 10 minutes. I love my son more than anything, but the only things I do aside from him are laundry and cleaning, both of which need done ALL.THE.TIME. So craft time was amazing. I really wanted a fall wreath and I became obsessed with makeing modge podge coasters. No idea why, we have plenty of coasters. Maybe Christmas presents?

The wreath was sort of pricey since I had to buy all of the flowers, wire and base to make it, but I love it and it was way cheaper than buying one.



The coasters were pretty cheap. I had to buy a can of sealant to make them waterproof but that will last forever. The actual tiles are 16 cents each, I already had everything else. So I made 8 coasters for $11.28 and I can make a gazillion more for just $1.28 a set. I really like how they came out too. Next time I will leave a boarder like I did in the maroon background with white flower ones, I like how it looks better. So, here is to Donna time, as in Donna the person, not mom or milk lady.



Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

No comments:

Post a Comment