Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Day Zero

-Totally NOT baby related, well as much as anything is not baby related-

Have you heard of Day Zero? It is a bucket list of sorts, but not with farfetched some-day-before-I-die ambitions. It is a list of 101 things, measurable and quantifiable, that you want to do in three years. Well, under three years. 1001 days. I think I need this sort of thing. I need something that is me, something that I want to do. Being a stay at home mom is amazing, and rewarding, and stressful, but it is also monotonous, and I can see this year flying by and sitting back thinking wow, what did I do? The answer will be nothing. But that isn’t true, I do lots, but I won’t remember what I did, and truthfully that is how much of my life is. What have I done? I have lived abroad and traveled, I have graduated from college—lots. I have gotten married and divorced and had a baby. But I am almost 30 and I want more out of life. I want to DO stuff, not just BE stuff. I am a teacher, a mother, a fiancĂ©e and a part-time rather poor blogger.

Now I need to move into what I do. My goal is have my list done by December 1st. However, 101 things is really a lot of things, and I don’t want to put things on the list just because, so if it isn’t done, I think I will still start and add to it until January 1st. I don’t want anything on my list that is already planned. Stuff I want to do and have talked about is fine, but stuff like get married is not, we are already planning that and even without it on my list I would still accomplish that, or do that (do you accomplish a wedding)? I am trying to make it feasible, but still a stretch. So, considering I do have a baby and a new soon-to-be-husband, travel the world is probably not a reasonable goal and belongs on a bucket list instead.

Are you doing a Day Zero list? If so, please comment and leave me your blog so that I can check out your ideas, I would love to get some inspiration. Until then I will add to my list, try to organize it, and DO something with my life. See the new page I have added!

2 comments:

Tree Hugging Attorney said...

3 things.

1) I want to do Day Zero too! I just read about it on someone else's blog and think it's a really good idea.

2) When is your wedding? I might need to know. Ha.

3) I got your email, but didn't get texts. I'm struggling. But things will get better.

Love you.

Unknown said...

i like this idea a lot!

Post a Comment