Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Home is Where the Heart is


Tomorrow we are finally leaving New Mexico. It has been almost 9 weeks, which is a measure by which teachers live. Or X and I have. I am anxious to get home and get on with my life, but I am sad and apprehensive too. It is odd, but I have gotten used to living here, to having my dad, to single parenting. And X has changed so much in the last two months. Going home isn’t going to be going back to the same life at all, not when you have a baby. A forth of his entire life has been here. So, for him, it will be hard. I have to find a job, write my resume, interview, get used to sharing a bed. Well, with Mike J We have a wedding and a birthday party to plan. It is just overwhelming. While here life stood still for just a little bit. After my dad got better and I didn’t have to care for him as much, I got to just be a mom. In a way, that was nice. I feel like X and I are closer and really bonded. Not that we didn’t before, but he was my sole companion for many days, and I have a different appreciation of him now. Now I have to get back to life—haircuts, doctor visits, dentist appointments. I am excited, so very happy to be home, but still a little sad. This feels like my home now, and we are used to how it is. There is something comforting in the known. And there is the 7 hour drive that will be more like 12 that I am dreading…

Check out my toddler 





No comments:

Post a Comment