Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Documenting anything is hard, but the life of another human being is downright near impossible, especially if that little person is crazy active. I feel like I am going to miss so much of what X is doing and regret not knowing later, but if I spend all of my time blogging I will really miss what he actually does. I tried to make a video montage of his first year from spinets I took on my phone. I got through 3 months and quit. There is just so much stuff to sort through, and I would really rather eat another bowl of ice cream with whiskey peach compote courtesy of Allison. I don't even know what to say, except at least I have a lot of photos. X is amazing, and smart, and strong, and HUGE, and fun. He talks, and runs and laughs. He kisses everything, he loves rocks, splashing, trucks and animals. He is cuddly, and independent and stubborn. He can sign milk, more, done and please. That is all I can sign too. And creeper, but I am not sure when that will be useful. He did amazingly well at the wedding, horribly that night and magnificent on our trip to Washington. My parents dote on him and I think my dad would keep him if I'd let him. I love every minute with him, and I think I am finally getting over my PPAD and can leave him for a few seconds (minutes, hours--NOT days). He chases birds, and Ella, he sits down when he really wants something or if he wants to concentrate (on say eating cake). He loves to lift his shirt and show you his belly button, point to his ears and mouth and beep other people's noses. He is impossible to shop with and is not passive in anyway. He has no stranger danger, but prefers my mom to anyone, including me. He is just, perfect.




No comments:

Post a Comment