Monday, September 27, 2010

Week Six

This week the baby is the size of a pea. I have no idea when this week though, since it doubles in size like every day :) I think it is super cool that we have the technology and the medical expertize to know that the baby is doing at six weeks, when it is the size of a pea.

"Growing like crazy, baby is starting to sprout eyes, ears, nose, cheeks, and chin. Those little hands and feet -- still webbed like paddles -- might wiggle by week's end, the heart is beating (almost twice as fast as yours!), and blood is starting to circulate."

My next doctor's appointment is at eight weeks exactly, so even if it is miss dated I should be able to hear the heartbeat since it will definitely be in the seventh week if not in the eighth.

I felt kind of yucky yesterday, although I think it had more to do with only eating 1/3 of an amazing black forest cake and goldfish crackers all day than anything. This morning I feel a little bit nauseous, but I am not convinced it is morning sickness since I still feel hungry, I think I just ate like crap yesterday and am feeling the affects today. Plus, I am drinking coffee, so I can't have morning sickness I don't think. Although smells are bothering me WAY more than they used to and walking the dog has become a game of "don't puke" in the morning. On a side notes, Mike is leaving for the week. I won't see him until Saturday. It seriously makes me want to cry and have a breakdown, which I am blaming entirely on the hormones since I am not usually that crazy. This is what it says about my pregnancy in week six:

"
You've probably stumbled on the truth by now: Thanks to your surging hormones, morning sickness can (and does) occur morning, noon, and night. As you feel yourself turning yet another shade of green, just try to remember it's for an amazing cause -- that rapidly growing baby inside your upset belly!"

No comments:

Post a Comment