Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Years

We didn't send Christmas cards this year. We barely even got photos taken. It has just been one of those times, where stress and other things get in the way. I am looking forward to a New Year, with new commitments to spend quality time with my family, to be happy with who I am and where I spend my time, and to commit to friendships I want to preserve. That means less technology so I can enjoy my amazing husband and son; finding a new job that I love and that I find rewarding and also feasible with a child so that I can put energy into work without feeling miserably unsuccessful at both; spending more time with myself: getting healthy and doing activities I love--like writing, baking, cooking, taking an interest in how I look, working out at least 3 times a week, and spending 30 minutes each day alone to rejuvenate, because I can't be a good mom, teacher or wife if I am never alone, I am an introvert; and it means taking some trips--going to Greeley, having a beer after work, going out to lunch on Fridays, postponing Puerto Rico and replacing it with Destin, Florida to see my best friend get married on the beach, taking time to see my family and my dad and a very close friend in Arizona, night weaning X so that Mike and I can go out with friends once in a great while, since all of them have committed to seeing us before 8 for the last 2 years. We have amazing friends who are insanely understanding and accommodating when it comes to X, and don't ever hold it against us or make us feel guilty for not seeing them, but Mike and I need an chance to see them, maybe not until summer when X is 2, because developmentally that is better for him, and easier on me, but seriously, soon, and not always in a place that is baby friendly, like our living room. Here is to 2013!

But, with all of that, I had an amazing year, and aside from my job, wouldn't have changed a thing.I mean look at these two, how could I not be absolutely in love and thankful for them?


















1 comment:

Unknown said...

So are you quitting the job you have now? And YAY, I was mentioned in this blog!! :D

Happy New Year Donna....these resolutions you have are perfect. I have the same type of introverted resolutions...I need alone time at least once a day or I don't function right.

Post a Comment