Saturday, January 19, 2013

Toddlers. Sheesh.

X didn't nap yesterday. I blamed my mom for keeping him up past his nap and ruining the cycle. He fell asleep in my arms before 6:30. Maybe more like 6. He woke up this morning at 5:10, up at 5:30, no mercy. We went to breakfast, the bank, the store, the toy store and played outside. Ate lunch, milk, nap. Minus the nap. It is 4:42 now and he is walking with Mike. No nap in sight. Jesus. I am so tired I feel like I have a newborn. And I have sciatica, which means I am over 65 (shingles anyone?) or that I am pregnant, or that I have residual issues from the epidural. That is what I gathered from the interwebz at least, which is obviously medically sound and 100% accurate. I think from those options, I pick over 65. He is lucky.

62 days and counting until Puerto Rico. Which involves two 4 hour plane rides and a 2 hour layover and leaving the house before 5AM on a Friday, followed by a 45 minute drive in almost a foreign country. Like one minus passports and vaccinations. Which I will gladly do because it will result in laying on the beach drinking pina coladas in a bikini while X builds sandcastles and chases iguanas. Psyched.

So I leave you with this. 62 days folks.

Montserrat Beach and jungle, the view from our balcony, and the living room/dining room that opens entirely to the ocean.



No comments:

Post a Comment