Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Whole Wheat Pumpkin Waffles

I always have to hunt down this recipe and remember what I did, so now I am writing it down myself because it is X's absolutely favorite breakfast.


2 1/2 cups white wheat or whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 cup wheat germ (optional)
1/2 cup light brown sugar*
2 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups buttermilk (I just make my own with lemon juice)
1 cup yogurt or a cup of milk or a combo
1 15 ounce can pumpkin puree
1 teaspoon vanilla
6 tablespoons melted butter

 
1. Mix dry ingredients
2. Mix wet ingredients
3. Mix them together.
4. Add more milk if it is too dry
5. Cook in a waffle iron
Freeze leftovers!
*I find the white wheat flour is both dryer and more bitter than all-purpose flour. If you use all-purpose flour, I would decrease the sugar to 1/3 cup and decrease the milk or yogurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment