Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Road Trip Prep

We're going on a road trip for Spring Break. X has never liked the car, not even as a newborn. I have sat by the side of the road holding a screaming baby more often than I can count. I don't look forward to getting in the car with him ever. To the point that he had been on over 20 flights.  He's two guys.

Our last "road trip" was last summer. We were on our way home from Kansas (consequently we flew back to Kansas two days later). X screamed non stop from the Colorado state line to our house. That's over four hours, at 2am. It was awful. Which is why we flew back in two days despite the price of the last minute tickets into Kansas City.

So we're trying again, because we're going to Delta, where some lovely friends own a bar that we've been promising to visit since x was born. There's no airport. But we're doing it. I've spent hours preparing mentally and planning activities. My plan is to divide everything into three equal piles,  then divide each pile into two, then wrap each item, pack in bags, and hope to God it keeps him busy for 2.5 hours.  I realize this sounds dramatic, but I have a horrendous car baby. He's a fantastic plane baby though. 
I'm making a few "toys" that he can play with in his car seat. Hopefully they'll be novel enough to but me 20-30 minutes each. 

I made a felt button activity with color matching. Essentially he buttons and unbuttons them.





No comments:

Post a Comment