Saturday, May 8, 2010

Nursery Planning

One of the things that I am most excited for is the creation of the nursery. Now, this is rather premature since we have been officially "trying" for three days. However, to be fair, we have been planning on trying for longer so I have had lots of time to think about it. I have at least a month before I am even pregnant and I know that, this is just dreams. I am not actually buying, planning or doing anything, just daydreaming.

My daydreams are very drawn towards gender-neutral nurseries. I like cafe au lait colored walls and jungle animals. I figure I can make it boyish with blue sheets and details or girly with white details and pink frills.

This is the wall color that I want, but I am afraid that it will be too dark. The nursery is pretty small, totally big enough for a baby, but not huge and it only has one window.

I just love how it looks with the pastel baby colors! I know babies can't see colors, and to stimulate eye development you should choose black and white patterns or primary colors in a contrasting theme, but really--who wants a black, white and red nursery? Besides, the baby sleeps here, it doesn't need stimulation.

I think with white trim, window panes and white closet doors it would be okay....maybe.....I think.




My favorite color for any wall is yellow though. Creamy, warm yellow. Ever since I lived in Spain and had yellow walls I have just loved them. We have a cooler color scheme in our house, and I love it. I love the sage wall accents and taupe colors, so the yellow wouldn't really work with the rest of the house, but isn't this adorable?

Upstairs is just a taupe color, no detail colors really. The bathroom is a sick color anyway and we are remodeling it this summer. It will be a very light blue/green. Well, actually it will be mostly white, with blue/green details and I think walls. So, with that across the hall, it may look great with yellow.





I also really like this room but I don't want multi-colored walls. It bothers me. I want them all to be the same. I think the green color could be okay, but it is too cold for a baby. I like how it looks in general, but I just want my nursery to be more inviting, more warm. More.....................yellow? Or cafe au lait?






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I like the middle yellow the best
Mike

Donna said...

Really? You like the yellow? That makes me happy :)

Post a Comment