Tuesday, July 13, 2010

ER Fun

On Sunday night I had to go to the ER. I tried all day to not go to Urgent Care and to just go to the doctor first thing on Monday, but I couldn't handle the immense pain and went to the hospital (coincidentally, it will be the same hospital that I will deliver the ever illusive baby). I felt like I was dying. Earlier in the day I had signs of a bladder infection. These are pretty regular with me, so I am good at self-diagnosis. However, as the night went on I grew really concerned. I felt like I had the worst cramps of my life mixed with one hell of a bladder infection. I was in tears it was so bad. I have no idea what could possibly cause pain like that. I tried looking it up online to no avail. I couldn't find anything about cramps that are two weeks too early and a bladder infection complication. Regardless, we arrived at the hospital where I was seen by a doctor that was younger than me (although awesome) who I told everything. Normally I am shy about such things, so either I am growing up or I was in too much pain to care, but I used anatomically correct body parts in front of my boyfriend to a doctor younger than me, and I didn't care. I guess it will be good practice when I actually have to give birth. I told Dr. Youngpants that I was trying to get pregnant (which totally explains the bladder infection feeling) so he said he would do a pregnancy test. I was (well, am) convinced that something was wrong with my baby parts, either there was a baby and something went wrong, or there still is a baby but something is wrong. I don't know. I just feel like there is, although I have no evidence or medical expertize and have never been pregnant. Dr. Youngpants only took a urine sample and said that I had a bacterial infection, diagnosed as a kidney infection (who the hell gets a kidney infection in less than 24 hours?!) and told me I wasn't pregnant. Here is the thing, it was only 5 days after my scheduled ovulation, and he didn't do a blood test. Can a hospital urine test really be that much better than an at home urine test? Because if so, they really need to work on making that available to everyone, since it is only urine. If not, can I still be pregnant? It is depressing enough to not be pregnant for sure for two weeks while trying and then spending two weeks waiting to test, but at this point it is 6 weeks in a row with a mere 5 days of thinking that I may be pregnant. Eff this whole thing, how the hell do teenagers get pregnant the first time they have sex while on birth control and I can't even get pregnant with intentional timing and charting and a kick ass sex life? Really?

1 comment:

Carmella said...

oh man...I'm sorry about that terrible painful kidney infection. that explains you saying you were on antibiotics. i hope this pain went away quick! How's this month of trying going? Lots of fun sex?

Post a Comment