Monday, August 15, 2011

A little bit of positive thinking

Seeing as it is breastfeeding awareness month, I figured I would take a break from bitching and actually write something positive. Don't worry, my "feel sorry for me blog" will be back soon. I still don't love breastfeeding, but I do have a new appreciation for it, so here are the 10 things I do actually like about it, in no particular order, because really, how do you rank superiority and the health of your child?
  1. X is super healthy. He is huge and no one can say I feed him too much, because you can't over feed a breastfed baby, whereas if he was formula fed everyone would be concerned.
  2. I don't ever have to make, transport or wash bottles. Seriously, a crying baby while you wait for the water to heat up, asking a waiter for a mug of hot water or cleaning a bottle you found in the couch a week later. No thank you. Plus, it is always with me. No running out here.
  3. We cloth diaper. Breastfed poop is WAY better than formula poop.
  4. My boobs are huge. Useless for sex, but at least enticing.
  5. I can calm X down immediately.
  6. When anyone, for any reason, suggests that I start solids early, or give juice, or water, or whatever, I can pull up a million sources saying breastmilk is the super food--no supplementation needed.
  7. I don't need to research the quality of his food, or getting the right nutrients, or vitamins or anything. I have WAY more time to shop online for yoga clothes, as I did this morning.
  8. I have lost all but 7 pounds of my baby weight, and there was a shit ton of that.
  9. I can smuggly say to anyone that I breastfed and it was hard and I did it anyway, so suck it up and do it too :) Plus, I can tell anyone that I sacrificed for my baby and what did they do? Huh? Yeah, that is what I thought.
  10. I get to go to meetings about breastfeeding. Seriously, I love it.
  11. ooooh, I actually have 11-- I can buy clothes with the excuse that I really need them.

Okay, X wants in on this action, time to nurse for the gazillionth time.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

1 comment:

Post a Comment