Thursday, August 4, 2011

Tit for Tat

X boycotted all substantial naps yesterday. To be fair, we helped because we kept taking him places. But honestly, the longest nap he took was 30 minutes at about 11:00, so I was hoping he'd sleep well. At 9:30 he finally went to sleep and slept on my chest until 12:30 when I went to bed. I just took him with me because I really just wanted to get to sleep since on a good night he'd wake up at 2:30 to eat (5 hours being the longest he's ever slept, and doing that like 5 times total) and I figured it would be more like 1:00. To my surprise he woke, extremely pissed and convinced I was starving him, at 4:30!! So I fed him, and we went back to bed. At 6:30 I awoke and looked down at my little snuggle bug who was curled up next to me with his little mouth open licking my bra. It was actually really cute, and I wish I had mastered side-lying nursing. Figuring he was hungry, I mean what more do you want in a cue, I got up. OH MY GOD. My boob hurt so fucking much, it was like shooting pain every time I moved and it literally was the size of a melon. My bed had this huge milk leak circle under where I was laying and X wasn't even hungry, he was just licking my bra because it was drenched in milk. He was probably snacking like that all night. Now I really feel like a cow. So I got up and fed him anyway, although he really didn't eat, just laid there while milk flowed freely into his mouth and then fell asleep and I still had a melon sized boob that ached. So now I am blogging and pumping away. So my delightful son got some solid sleep, I however, am up before him anyway. Damn it, I should have just gone to bed at 9:00 too, then I would have gotten some kick ass sleep so that I could deal with my engorgement.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hope he starts sleeping longer on a regular basis! It'll happen soon, I promise!

Post a Comment