Monday, October 4, 2010

Week Seven

Today starts my seventh week--I think. Hopefully the doctor can measure the baby and give me a definite gestational age and a more reliable due date. One more week and we get to hear the heartbeat and see it flutter!!! I am much more confident in my pregnancy than I was two weeks ago, mostly because I feel like shit all the time. Somehow, that is a good, comforting thing. My sciatica is killing me, although I am not entirely convinced it is pregnancy related and I think could just be a coincidence. The morning sickness is here full force (or I hope full force, I don't want it to get worse). Nothing sounds appetizing, I hate ice cream all of the sudden, raw meat and eggs make me puke and cooked veggies do the same. Grocery shopping has also become the bane of my existence. The smells made me gag three times and I don't want to buy anything because I don't want to eat anything. I just went up and down rows (with my butt hurting) looking at food and feeling disgusted. Fun times. All I want is white food. So weird.

Baby's now the size of a blueberry!
Baby's brain -- both hemispheres! -- is growing fast, generating about one hundred new cells every minute. Arms and legs are emerging as joints start to form, and a permanent set of kidneys (baby's third!) is now in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment