Saturday, December 11, 2010

Catch Up

I haven't updated the blog in almost three weeks. I just haven't really felt like it. Usually I blog in the morning, but I have been having a hard time getting to work on time (plus a crazy busy schedule at work) so that isn't really working. At night I just don't really feel like it. Anyway, there is actually a lot going on in baby land.

At the moment the most important is my lack of appropriate clothing. My mom and I went to the second hand store to get some clothes, most of which are awesome. However, I bought a pair of jeans that really don't fit. They are the right size, but they are too low rise or something. Where the jean material ends and the crazy elastic part is too low, so I feel like they are falling off all of the time. Those will be going back. However, this leaves me without any maternity. I don't have a lot of jeans anyway (something I will probably need to remedy after the baby comes too, which will suck because I will be out of money, I should have stocked up all year) and only one of them fits. My wonderful Lucky jeans I can't even zip. So, I have one pair of Gap jeans and their button-ability is quickly decreasing. I also have a few pairs of work pants that I can get by with if I use a bella band, but that won't last long either. I have two pairs of maternity pants, so I have to get at least three more pairs of pants for work and two pairs of jeans, just to make it through one week. I know everyone says I am lucky to be pregnant during the winter, and in general I agree, but I wish I could just throw on a dress and call it good. Damn belly. So, I have been searching Craigslist and will try to make it to some stores tomorrow. I just don't want to spend money on myself two weeks before Christmas! I don't have that kind of money. Crap.

On another note I felt the baby move! The first time I wasn't sure, but I am sure now. I don't feel it very often, but if I lay down and am very still and poke at it a lot I will feel it. Sometimes. We went to the doctor and when I told her she seemed skeptical, but I told her where I felt it and it was exactly where the baby was on the doppler. I can't wait until I can actually feel it more more consistently and when Mike can feel it through my stomach. It will be reassuring when I can feel it too.

I also had my first baby dream. Everyone always talks about how they have these vivid dreams when they are pregnant. I always have had super vivid dreams, so I was expecting them. But nothing, or at least not any more vivid than normal. In fact, I never even dream about being pregnant. I have had quite a few vivid dreams about losing the baby. That sucks. If I have one more dream about going pee and it being full of blood I am going to die. I think it is partially because I need to pee a lot and I dream about peeing and it hurts because I don't wake up all of the time, and my subconscious interprets the pain and fear of miscarriage, even though conscience me recognizes it as "holy crap I am going pee my pants for real this time." Anyway, the other night I had a real baby dream. I dreamt that I was in labor and I passed on the epidural and I pushed a few times and voila there was a baby. It was easy and not painful and at the end I had a beautiful baby boy. I am now convinced that I am having a boy, seeing as this is the only time I have ever dreamt about a baby. Plus, I just think it is a boy. No idea why, I just do.

On the subject of gender, we scheduled our perintologist on January 7th. We could actually have it sooner, but they are booked. I am not sure how they are booked, but they are, so we have to wait until then. It also costs quite a bit more, but since it will be my only ultrasound I want to make sure everything is okay with the baby, and a preintologist makes me feel better about that. If the baby hides its gender, I am going to freak out though, since we don't get another chance.

1 comment:

Carmella said...

I am so excited about you feeling the baby! And it's so awesome when you start feeling he/she more...I hated being pregnant except for when I felt Jane move...that is amazing! Steve thought it was really freaky though, haha. (I would agree with him if I didn't know better...it really is kind of freaky).
My ultrasound doctor told me they can almost always see the gender (like 99 percent of the time). They can have you sit there for an hour I think...I was there for a good 30 minutes. It's so amazing to see the entire body of your baby and then realize that it is all in there...I felt like my belly wasn't big enough yet for such a lanky little body to be growing inside it. I love your blog!!!

Post a Comment