Monday, December 13, 2010

An onion seems pretty big

Apparently the baby is now the size of an onion. That seems pretty big to me. If I pull up my shirt you can totally tell I am pregnant, but when I have a shirt on it is much less obvious. With the onion and all of the fluid I definitely notice a difference. My stomach feels heavy and like something is always pulling on my muscles. I read somewhere that baby also enjoys tugging on the umbilical cord. I am not sure it has nerves, but it seems like it should hurt and it sort of freaks me out. I hope I can make it through this week without my kids noticing. We will see, I seem to gain a pound every day.

Baby's skeleton is hardening, changing from rubbery cartilage to bone, and fat is finally accumulating around it. His umbilical cord is getting thicker and stronger, and those little fingers and toes now feature one-of-a-kind prints.

On a totally different note, it is really unfair that girls are the only ones that get pregnant. Guys get such a better deal in this entire thing. I think they should have to change diapers for an entire year since we have to do everything else. This week's mama update is just plain gross.

Though increased blood flow is good for baby, it might be making you a little...damp. Body secretions (think sweat, mucus, nosebleeds, and vaginal discharge) are in full force. This week might also mark the first time you feel baby move inside you, but don't worry if it's another two months before you notice anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment