Sunday, December 12, 2010

Target, you are cut

Target and I have always had a love-hate relationship. Mostly that I love to shop there and that I hate how much money I spend. Obviously, Target is totally okay with this formula. For years, if I walked into a Target I spent at least $100. Then I got pregnant. It actually started when we decided to try to get pregnant, although I have no idea why. However, they really have awful maternity clothes. Some people love them, and I do on the rack, but when I put them on I hate them. HATE them. So, Target and I are separated.

In moves new love, Motherhood Maternity. This store has a rather rocky reputation, but their more expensive counterpart, Pea in the Pod, is pretty awesome. Not to say that Banana Republic and Old Navy are somehow the same thing, but there is a link. At least on fit or something. Anyway, Motherhood is the Old Navy or Pea in the Pod. It is a little more pricey, but whatever, it is a good analogy. So today I went to Motherhood Maternity. I HAD to get some clothes, I legitimately needed them. Maybe not as much as I actually bought, but I needed some. I think it is the Target thing, I can't walk in and not over buy. So, on my first official maternity shopping trip, this is what I bought:

2 pairs of jeans
1 pair of cord
3 pairs of dress pants
2 ruched tee shirts
1 sweater
1 dress shirt--for Christmas and work

I totally feel like I need to return at least some of it. I feel like that is a lot of clothes for four months. Plus, from the second hand store I have two pairs of dress pants, although I don't think they will fit too much longer. I don't know, I just feel like it is a waste.

2 comments:

Carmella said...

I don't think it's a waste...but I remember needing shirts more than I thought I would. Towards the end even my maternity shirts weren't long enough to go over the weird elastic section of the pants. That's a lot of pants, haha. But you'll be happy to have them all especially when one pair gets dirty or if you stain any (I would literally cry when a pair of my maternity shorts got ruined bc I only had 2 or three pair that fit...sucked being pregnant from the cold part of spring into the really hot part of summer...)

Carmella said...

plus motherhood only gives you a store credit if you return something. one of the only reasons i didn't like that store (their clothes fit great though!)

Post a Comment