Friday, December 31, 2010

Nursery Started

Today we started the nursery. Mike got it cleaned out a few weeks ago, although I have noticed that my room next door has become a storage closet for much of that stuff and random other stuff, like the baby's new closet. But today we painted all of the trim white, took out the closet doors, fixed the door so it would actually shut (poor Tristan lived here for 6 months with a door that didn't shut and a 20 week old fetus encouraged us to fix it) and got all of the stuff to paint and make it a baby closet. I need stuff to be organized, and it is much easier to just start that way. So we bought a closet organizer with 12 cubbies and track shelving to install two hanging racks. However, where the hell do you get baby sized hangers? We looked at Target and they have kids ones but they were too big for baby clothes, and even the ones at Babies R Us online say kids hangers. Anyway, I digress. We now have everything to make a Martha Stewart approved closet other than colored bins to put in the cubbies because I want them to be gender specific. We put two coats of paint up, in bright yellow, and will do the last coat tomorrow and install the closet. Then we are done for a few weeks because we are both out of baby money. The goal is spend a little at a time instead of going into debt by getting it all at once. Plus Mike keeps reminding me that we need to save for the hospital copay, although I think I should get a discount since all I want is someone to catch. I don't want an IV, or monitoring, or an epidural, so I think Kaiser should thank me and give me a discount. They obviously disagree.

On another note, I totally popped today. I am not sure why. I woke up weighing an entire pound more than I did yesterday and my belly protrudes quite a bit more than it did before. I still look the most pregnant when I wear maternity pants and regular shirts, as demonstrated below.

2 comments:

Carmella said...

holy crap, go you for wanting to go all natural with the birth. I screamed at the top of my lungs (very very bad words) and I'm pretty sure they were embarrassed with me. That lasted for about 4 hours after they broke my water before they finally gave in and gave me the epidural I begged for the whole time.

Anonymous said...

http://babyclotheshangers.net/
duh.
ha.

Post a Comment