Saturday, January 1, 2011

Not So Bad at Nesting After All

We finished the nursery in two days!! Well, sort of, we still don't have furniture or whatever, but it is all ready to go. I am pretty proud of us, even if Mike posted on Facebook that I suck at nesting because I had zero motivation to paint when we first started. My only issue is the size of furniture. This is a tiny room to be fair, like the closet that looks large is 4 feet, I think the room is about 10x12 because the drop clothes were 9x13 and they almost fit. We painted everything, replaced the closet and all of the outlets and put up the crib, pretty good for two days!

I wish I had a better before issue--the room had become our walk-in closet, so take this and add everything you can cram into a room that you have no where else to put.


I only took this after we painted the trim white. I know it looks white in the other photo, but it really wasn't. I wish I had an old closet photo too, this was after Mike ripped it out, it was horrendous.
.

Here it is painted bright yellow (it is a little lighter in person, but not much) and the baby's new, beautiful closet. We are going to put in fabric drawers in the bookcase, but I want to wait to find out the gender first so that we can make the room more girly if we need to. Obviously the vacuum will not reside in the corner, and that little night stand is going to be painted to match the baskets, another bookcase and the gender :)



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

it is so...BRIGHT.
remember to leave some space on the floor...
:)
(Rachel)

Carmella said...

what does the shirt say in the closet?

Donna said...

That's What She Said

Post a Comment