Sunday, January 30, 2011

Nursery Update

Mike and I have been working a lot on the nursery, and now I am concerned we may have too much stuff! Lol. Here are some images to help guide us. The first one is from the door and then it slowly goes in a circle.


We obviously still need curtains, and I want the curtains over the window to match the curtains on the closet. I am thinking a light brown/tan color, just because the room is already so busy. We have two valences that match everything else, they are really nice and are the exact width of the window, but I don't know what to do, I want real curtains to block light, and I am not sure it will look bad with the valence on top of the curtains. I want curtains that hang to the floor, not the find that fit inside the window, because I think it will balance the room better since the closet curtains will be to the floor. I just don't know.

We also have a lot more monkey decals to hang up, but I don't want to put them up until we get everything else settled. In the corner by the crib will be a rubber tree--for oxygen and decor. It was Mike's idea, I think it will look really nice to have a live tree in there. We still need to find room for a hamper, a wetbag and all of his toys! Eeek. We are putting those bins in the closet too, but we haven't gotten there yet. We bought all of the bedding off ebay and the dresser, glider and side table from craigslist. Oh, the glider is going though, it is the most uncomfortable thing ever. I do love the tree decal though, and the GORGEOUS blanket my mom made is on the chair.

Above the crib will be gigantore's name in letters that I made, each one with a different animal. I think I may have to redo the A because it looks like crap, and the I is missing the giraffe still (the store was out :( ) Other than that I like how it came out. It is HUGE and will take up the entire wall behind the crib, I think it is over 5 feet. Gulp.


I am also not exactly sure how to attach them to the wall....I think that is Mike's new responsibility, I made the damn things! :)

I also have all of these cute details, like the lamp and diaper hanger, but I have no idea what to do with them. I mean, the lamp okay, but the diaper hanger? I have no use for it, but it is SO CUTE! Plus we have crib bumpers, but I can't leave them in there when the baby comes, so I have no idea what to do about that. What else can you do with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment