Monday, March 14, 2011

30 weeks!

I am 3/4 of the way done! I will meet my baby boy in 10 weeks. Please dear god let them be short weeks. Brandon measured me the other day and my belly is 39.5 inches around. WHAT? Yeah, I am not sure when that happened either. He also pointed out my cankles. So, I am getting big. I have also gained more than enough weight for the rest of my pregnancy, so it could slow down now, but it isn't I will probably gain at least another 10-15 pounds. Oh well, it is time to get swollen and huge I guess. It is also getting very hard to sleep and move around, plus walking up hills is almost impossible. I also got a crazy leg cramp last night that still hurts now, so that is insane, but apparently just another pregnancy symptom. They really should make a list of all of the shitty things the human body does and then title it pregnancy. Oh well. I passed my GTT test, I think, I am missing the results from the fourth test, but the doctor didn't call, so I think all is good. I did read this really cool article while I was at the hospital though.In baby news:
As baby's skin smooths out, her brain just keeps getting more wrinkled. All those grooves and indentations increase surface area, meaning more room for that oh-so-essential brain tissue. She's also adding some brawn -- her grip is now strong enough to grasp a finger.

You baby's length is about 16 inches—about as long as a laptop computer—and he measures almost 11 inches from crown to rump. He weighs approximately 2 1/2 to 3 pounds. From now until delivery, every baby will gain weight at a more individual rate. Your baby has doubled in height over the past six weeks, and from now until delivery, he'll gain only a few more inches in length. Don't worry if he's in a strange position (what your care provider might call a "transverse lie"). There's still plenty of time for him to get settled into the head-down (cephalic) position for birth. He's floating in about 1 1/2 pints of amniotic fluid and has some room to move. Your baby's most important organ, his brain, continues to develop at a rapid pace. His eyes are able to track light, and some researchers have theorized that exposing your belly to light may stimulate development. Try moving the beam of a flashlight slowly over your belly in a dim room, and see if he reacts.

Mama news:

Your massive belly and nighttime heartburn might be making sleep difficult to come by. If you are able to drift off, you're probably having some strange and vivid dreams -- your subconscious is no less anxious than your waking mind.
You've now been officially pregnant for seven months, and the home stretch is in sight. You're big now, no doubt about it! Your belly is about the size of a watermelon. Tying your shoes is a challenge, and you may already have adopted the pregnant "waddle."

To keep your sex life alive, continue having intercourse unless your doctor says otherwise. Most couples' sex life tapers off temporarily, but this may not be so much a problem of desire as one of engineering. The solution: be creative with positions and techniques.

No comments:

Post a Comment