Thursday, March 10, 2011

GTT

Today I am doing my Glucose Tolerance Test to see if the elevated blood sugar from the glucose screening test was actually diabetes or just a freak occurrence. We are obviously hoping for freak occurrence, and I really don't think I have diabetes. However, from a lot of what I have read, I can have low risk factors and still develop it. So anyway, the test.

I had to take another day off of work because it is a three hour test, and afterwards you feel really shitty. So, the doctor told me to get here at 8:00 because fasting is really hard for pregnant women. I ate a sensible dinner last night around 7:00, went to bed, woke up and came in for my test. Yeah, KAISER SUCKS. I hate them. They didn't do my initial blood draw or give me the glucose until 9:05. So I sat there, starving and getting light headed. Then I had to drink some vile stuff. The screening test wasn't that bad, and I was assuming I just drank two bottles. No go, it is different. It is the same amount of liquid, twice the sugar. ICK. Then the lady told me I couldn't leave, I had to sit in their waiting room for three hours. Well....

I came prepared for this. I brought my kindle with a book I am reading. However, my kindle decided to suck and not hold a charge, no idea why. I charged it yesterday and then it was on sleep, now it will not wake up. I am going to file a complaint with Amazon and see if I can get a new one. But, I don't have a book and I can't leave to get my charger. So I went to the hospital gift shop. NO WHERE SELLS BOOKS! What the hell? I practically lived in the hospital in NM and they definitely sell books. However, I remembered in the maternity ward that they have a lending library. They also have a computer. Yeah. That is where I am now. I am supposed to be in the waiting room, but screw them. I am sitting in the nice maternity ward with a computer, books and a TV. Take that Kaiser, I will use the hospital facilities since you suck so much. Unfortunately I can only stay here for a little while, because I have to get my blood drawn again, and again, and again. Every hour until 12:05. I am already so hungry, although the nasty drink did actually help me feel less light headed from not eating.

1 comment:

Carmella said...

have you seen results yet? I remember you saying you saw the other ones on the computer.

Post a Comment