Monday, May 23, 2011

Holy Shit

I may be in early labor. According to everyone, that sentence means I am not. Everyone says that you will just know if you are in labor. I definitely don't know, so I guess I am not. I am, however, in an insane amount of pain, and I am blogging as my distraction method. I tried to sleep, that didn't happen. I have intense pain in my lower back. Enough to cry. I can't get it to stop. I took a bath, tried a hot pack, tried to walk, sit on a ball, sit in a chair, lay down. Nothing helps. Nothing really makes it any different. So I am sitting up, watching Law and Order: Special Victim's Unit, drinking water and OJ and seeing what happens. I am trying to time my "contractions" but it is hard. I am really just timing the pain waves in my back. It hurts ALL THE TIME, but there are times when it hurts so bad that I can't blog, or sit still, or anything. I can still walk and talk through it, but my body almost curls in pain. So I am timing that pain. It lasts about a minutes long, a little more, but it is hard to measure the beginning and the end since it slowly starts and ends and is so intense that I have muscle spasms. Right now I am feeling them anywhere from two minutes to seven minutes apart. I just don't really know what I am feeling. I hope it is labor because then this is all over and I get my baby. I just want my baby, but man, if this is early labor I am not going to make it through real labor. This lasts on average 6-12 hours. It has been going on since about 8 last night, but I didn't identify it as possible early labor until recently. So I guess we are about 5 hours in if this is really early labor. I really am in a lot of pain though, and I am not sure what to do to make it either get worse or better. I guess I am hoping for worse.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

i am now in colorado.
please inform x that he can now come out.
thanks.

Post a Comment