Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Psych

I thought I may be having a baby last night, obviously not since I am blogging today. At around 4:00 yesterday I started to have some contractions, nothing abnormal, I have contractions off and on all the time now, but they seemed to be more frequent. I came home, walked Ella and I was still having them. I told Mike I had 3-4 of them in the last hour, I wasn't really sure since I wasn't paying attention all that much, but that is still a lot of them. So we went to the grocery store where I continued to have them, probably not every ten minutes, but somewhere between 10 and 15. They weren't painful, but they were getting steadily more uncomfortable and a few of them spread to my back which was sort of painful, like cramps. These are really good signs. I came home and ate some dinner (yummy cheese and bread with dipping sauce) and drank some juice to see if they would stop. They didn't. There was one period where they did slow down, to maybe 20-30 minutes apart once, but who knows, I could have had one and not noticed. Does that happen? Oh yeah. If I need to pee I always notice contractions, but if I just went pee there isn't a lot to notice, it is just my uterus tightening, so a lot of the times I don't really notice unless I am touching my belly or the baby is moving. Anyway, the baby got SUPER active and was pushing all over the place for another 20 minutes or so and I was hopeful that he was trying to get into a better position. We walked the dog and the contractions kept coming, I actually felt pretty good, I was walking pretty fast and not in pain at all--plus I was getting excited because it was 4-5 hours of consistent, time-able contractions. So we went to bed and I kept having them, so I laid down to sleep (that is what I am supposed to do, sleep through early labor until I can't anymore). When I laid down I got SUPER sick though. Like I felt as though I had drank a bottle of tequila with some poorly made sweet and sour. It was awful. I got up to puke, nothing. Standing made it a little bit better. I had horrible stomach cramps and the baby was still moving all over the place in there which didn't help the nausea at all. I tried hands and knees since Mike had the good point that it would give the baby more room to stop punching me, but it didn't stop. It hurt really bad, I was in tears. I am prepared to give birth and have no misconceptions that it will be painful, but if I could not feel sick at the same time that would be great. Finally I laid down and went to sleep. I am not sure when the contractions stopped. I rolled over and almost puked around 2am, but then went back to sleep for a little bit. This morning I am exhausted, my stomach hurts from the contracts and stomach ache and I am disappointed that my labor just stopped. I need to go to work, but I really don't want to. Yech.

1 comment:

Carmella said...

i hope work goes okay and that we get updates as soon as you get home. any new contractions? i bet you're dilated a bit.. so exciting!

Post a Comment