Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Waiting Game

Last week was the first week that I could really hope to go into labor. By now, it is getting annoying. I have nothing to do but wait, and wait, and wait. Technically I am 37.5 weeks, but we all know I think I am due sooner. The negative side of that is becoming apparent as I am more anxious than I should be I guess. I know people say that once the baby is here I will wish he was back inside because it was so much easier, but I doubt it. For one, Mike is amazing and helpful so I won't be doing it all alone. I just want someone else to be responsible for a little while.

More than anything I am so uncomfortable that sleep deprivation looks like a good option, plus I won't be working anymore. The swelling has definately started. I no longer have bones in my feet and my fingers look like sausages. I actually don't care how it looks, but it hurts. I had no idea you could swell so much that it would hurt, not just be awkward or uncomfortable. Also, the baby really doesn't have room, so he hurts me. If I sit up straight there is not enough room and he jams himself into my ribs and out my sides. The bottom of my belly is pretty painful too, I guess it is ligaments stretching to keep my stomach up. I have massive pain where my belly meets my legs I guess. I don't really know how to explain it. It gets a lot worse when I get up from sleeping, I think it must tighten up. Plus, I have no sense of moderation. So I do nothing for weeks, then I decide walk way to far to induce labor, which doesn't work, but it makes me exhausted and sore. Lame.

Anyway, on a positive note, the amazing Krystal Meisel took some amazing shots of me the other day. It was super fun, and she is amazing. I think everyone should do maternity shots with a fine art photographer rather than a portrait photographer. Why? See the photos!

1 comment:

Carmella said...

reading this brought back so many memories. of the swelling actually hurting. The pain of the weight of the belly (my pelvis hurt SO bad when I got up to pee at night or got up in the morning). And HELL NO I didn't want her back in my stomach after she was born...none of being a mom has ever made me miss being pregnant, haha...being pregnant SUCKED and being sleep deprived, having nipple pain, dealing with a crying peeing pooing baby still is MUCH better than those last few weeks of pregnancy. Plus you have this immense amount of love for the little terror, you can't not be happy even when you are so tired you think you might fall asleep in the shower.

Post a Comment