Wednesday, June 8, 2011

I can still have one thing

It is no surprise to anyone who has talked to me, but I don't like breastfeeding. I hope someday I like it, that it becomes a rewarding, pleasurable, bonding experience. For now though, it is an exhausting, painful, demanding requirement that I do because it is what's best for X and our family. I will admit that its getting better though, a little less painful, a little better at it. I have no idea how humans made it to the top of the food chain though, and I get the appeal of formula. But this is the one thing in my birth plan that I can still have-my son can still be exclusively breasted.

After X eats he goes into this milk coma, but when I lift him up he makes this face I love. He made it in the hospital all the time, but now I hardly see it. He stretches his forehead up as far as he can, like he's trying to open his eyes using his forehead muscles. It reminds me of him being an infant. He has already changed so much.

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment