Sunday, June 19, 2011

Using babies to save marriages

It seems like everyone I know acknowledges that this is a bad idea. Yet it is common knowledge that people do this all the time. Which people? I have no idea, but you know, people. The thing about it is, I get it. When I was married to me ex I would never have had a kid to save it. Probably because I knew deep down I didn't want to save it, and also because I originally chose the wrong man to father my children, but I digress. Never would I have had children to save that marriage. However, having X has changed how I feel about Mike. I'm amazed every day by how much I love him. Watching him be a father to X makes me love him more than I thought possible-so if our relationship ever got rocky I could see how I would think having another baby would fix it. Still a bad idea of course, because babies are insanely stressful and I'm sure ruin plenty of marriages, but X, for our psuedo-marriage, hasn't hurt a thing. I love watching Mike father X, and I love the kind of dad he is and wants to be, and I love the amazing little boy he gave me. Happy father's day Mike.



posted from Bloggeroid

1 comment:

Carmella said...

what a very nice father's day post!!

Post a Comment