Monday, February 14, 2011

Peeing made difficult

Yeap, that is really what this post is about--this may be a post to avoid, but my blog is about adventures with procreation, and this definitely counts. Peeing has become an adventure. First of all, there is very little room in the bottom of my belly, which means the baby is constantly pressing against my bladder. In the middle of the night, when I need to roll over because my arm is asleep or whatever, the baby is also pulled by gravity right on top of my bladder, so I have to get up in the middle of the night to pee, every time I roll over, seriously, every time, even if I remember and immediately roll back over. It is too late. Secondly, when the baby is awake and head up, he enjoys kicking it, which feels very similar to having a bladder infection, except it is intermittent. It is this insane feeling of "I need to go THIS INSTANT" but then it is gone, and you are left with an odd feeling of not really understanding your body. I think this serves the double purpose of making mom's realize what it is like when they try to potty train too early and a child really does need to go "THIS INSTANT," the other purpose is lost on me. Luckily, the baby likes to chill transverse in general, so this is less frequent than it could be. Finally, when I actually go pee, I can't. There is NO pressure. It is like all of the muscles forgot how to work. I pee in a very unsatisfying trickle. I cannot seem to make it work better, and I have to move around and push on my belly to even fully empty my bladder. So I pee for like 10 seconds at a time, rearrange, then do it again. I guess there is something in there that the baby can lay on. I should have paid more attention in anatomy. I have no idea how the baby can lay on so many things at once. So peeing is fun, and not peeing every 30 minutes is impossible.

1 comment:

Carmella said...

it is so weird how I have slowly forgotten all of these annoying little parts of pregnancy and reading your blog is bringing it all back to me! I still don't feel normal when I have to pee...I used to feel the pressure easily before I was pregnant...now that my insides have gone through the trauma of having an extra dozen pounds sitting on them for several months and then pushing the weight out around them it's like they're desensitized. Now when I realize I have to pee it's almost too late.

Post a Comment