Saturday, February 5, 2011

What's Cooking

I want to cook a lot of food that can be frozen and then baked/reheated after the baby comes. I am not going to want to cook or even have the conversation about what I want for dinner. I hate that conversation. So I think this is the best option. I figure 20-30 trays of food will make all the difference in the world. I don't even like takeout very much, so this is the best option. We can just grab a bunch of fresh produce for salads and stuff and be good for dinners and breakfasts for a long time. My only issue is freezer space. We actually have a regular, albeit small, refrigerator upstairs and a beer fridge downstairs plus a deep freezer. However, Mike and I are talking about buying a cow to cut back on cost, I am not sure how we will fit all of this in the fridges, especially since they are already full of deer. Hopefully Mike and clean out the freezer from anything too old (although I think it is in good shape after our European adventure this summer). Hopefully there is room, but there won't be if we store the other half cow for someone else. Anyway, for a later date I suppose. I figure if I find recipes now that I like and I start making 1-2 per weekend, I will be set. I have 16 weekends left and I am sure I won't bake for all of them, but having all of the recipes picked out will help a lot, so this is what I am thinking. I figure it will feed us for now too.

If anyone has other great, freezable meal ideas, let me know!

This weekend:
Blueberry Muffins
Spaghetti with meat sauce

To make soon:
Dinners:
Turkey Sausage Lasagna
Chicken Tikka Masala
Stuffed Peppers
Pesto Chicken Stuffed Shells
Roasted Veggie Meatloaf
Skillet Lasagna
Cream Cheese Chicken
Chicken Enchiladas--my recipe
Cornbread Casserole--my recipe
Honey Lime Chicken
Chicken Spaghetti Bake
Baked Ziti
Chinese Meatballs
Chicken Paella
Chicken Paprikash (modified from this recipe)

Sides:
3 portions rice
1 portion Spanish rice
2 portions mashed potatoes
Frozen veggies
Egg Noodles

Breakfasts:
Pineapple Muffins
Banana Waffles
Smoothie packets (fruit, spinach, yogurt)

No comments:

Post a Comment