Saturday, February 19, 2011

Possibly the Whiniest Post Ever

OMG I feel like shit. I cannot believe how horrible being sick is when you are pregnant. I had no idea. Yesterday I felt pretty bad starting around mid-morning. But I sucked it up and worked all day. By mid-afternoon I was thankful that I did not have kids at school because I don't think I would have made it. I went out for drinks with some co-workers from a previous job that I really wanted to see. Some of them I hadn't seen since Welby closed, so I was excited to see them and went even though I didn't feel well. On the ride home I started to feel really sick again. What is hilarious is that I just have a cold. I don't have flu or anything. I am not even that sick. I have a horrible stuffy nose, headache, my throat hurts and body soreness--more skin soreness, which is really common for me. In fact, my skin hurting has always been my complaint when I am sick. That is it. I don't even have a cough. If I breath really deep it hurts. Yet I am miserable. I may even be more miserable than when I had pneumonia, because when I had pneumonia the fever would make me delirious, I would choke down some pills, the fever would break and I would pass out for 4-6 hours, just to be awoken by the fever again. I literally just slept for three days during the worst of it. It was way more scary, and I totally felt like shit, but I was asleep.

Since I am pregnant I can't take anything. I get 325mg of Tylenol every 4-6 hours. That is nothing. So my headache, body aches and everything just remain. In addition to this loveliness, if I drink anything, including water, I get heartburn. Like all illness, it gets worse at night, so last night I was miserable trying to sleep. All of the pressure from blowing my nose was pushed into my ear causing a massive earache. Apparently that is normal too, but I have never had it. Advice online? Don't sleep on your side. What the hell am I supposed to do? I can't sleep on my belly, or my back, and now not my side. So I tried to sleep in the recliner down stairs and keep my head propped up with pillows, but now my back hurts like hell. My ear is better though, so that is good, at least it isn't a bacterial infection. Mostly I am just so tired because laying down causes heartburn or backache, so I am just trying to stay up until tonight when I can hopefully sleep. I suppose I need to eat something for gigantore, all I have eaten today is a bagel and fruit smoothie (both of which I regretted immediately due to the heartburn).

However, the most fun of all of this is the sneezing fits. If I am sitting down and I sneeze I am fine, which is good since I can't really lay down. However, if I am laying down to standing up and my body is extended the sneezing fits cause Braxton-Hicks contractions. For real. I was worried about it, but I looked it up. Sneezing can even cause labor if you are really ready to have the baby anyway. Crazy. It is just the force. But regardless, feeling like shit and having contracts sucks. Ohhhh, I feel like shit. Oh well, at least it isn't stomach flu or influenza.

No comments:

Post a Comment