Wednesday, February 2, 2011

We had our 24 week appointment today. It went really well. I like our doctor a lot so that helps. He is really laid back and his general attitude is that growing a baby is natural and there are lots of variations, so just go with it. I asked about protein intake, and he essentially said if anything our baby is on the big size, so I probably shouldn't worry about him growing. I asked about some mild cramps, he said sometimes they get really bad, sometimes not, don't worry about it unless I have other symptoms. I asked about rapid weight gain, he told me I was normal and just catching up from before. I asked about being tired and gestational diabetics, he said I would take the test next week, I could do it early if I wanted, but really, being pregnant makes some people tired, that I should sleep more. I like this approach. I am such a control freak that having a laid back doctor makes everything so much easier (and less stressful since I could easily take thing wrong). Other than that, they weighed me, took my pulse, and measured my belly. He is measuring about a week ahead of schedule. No biggie. Next time I have my glucose screen. Yuck.

However, I did take pictures today anyway. So here I am at 24 weeks in my favorite gray sweater that makes me more pregnant. You can tell on the middle one because you can see the granny part of my maternity jeans. I am definitely showing now.




Rach, this is proof I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment