Tuesday, February 1, 2011

V Day

Yesterday was viability day, the day that medical personal will do everything they can to save a baby upon early delivery. Although the chance of survival is still really low, it is nice to know that theoretically gigantore could survive without me. Though I would really prefer if he stayed in until at least mid-May. Normally I would take a photo of myself to commemorate this event, but it is 0 degrees here and I am not taking off my sweatpants until I have to go to work. I do have a doctor's appointment tomorrow morning though, so maybe I will get a belly photo in before then. I am definitely getting bigger very fast. I am starting to catch up and actually look like I may be 24 weeks pregnant. I need to slow down on this weight gain thing before I end up gaining too much.

What is up with baby?
Baby is still the size of a papaya. Baby's skin is becoming more opaque as the fat starts to pack on. And, thanks to the formation of small capillaries, his newly thick skin is taking on a fresh pink glow.Your baby weighs a little over a pound and is about 8 1/2 inches long. Your baby's skin becomes less translucent as pigment is deposited, and it looks wrinkly because her body is making her skin more quickly than it makes the fat to pad underneath it. Your baby's unique hand- and footprints are forming. You may feel jumps as she has bouts of hiccups. In fact, it may seem like the baby is in perpetual motion. Some babies now kick in response to sounds and touch from outside the womb. Encourage your partner to talk to the baby, and see if she kicks in response!

And the ever awesome list of great thing that happen to me:
Take a break from the computer if your fingers feel numb or tingly. It's probably carpal tunnel syndrome, often brought on by pregnancy. Stretch your hands frequently to loosen them up. For significant symptoms, try wrist braces or splints at nighttime. Your uterus is about 1 1/2 to 2 inches above your belly button, and your bump is definitely apparent and hard to disguise! You may be suffering from heartburn, muscle aches, sore feet, fatigue, and dizziness. Call your care provider if you feel dizzy often or if you faint; it may be a sign of anemia. Dizziness if often caused by low blood sugar or by standing up too fast. Rise slowly, and eat regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment